Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Really NPR?

Taken a look at NPR's The Decade's 50 Most Important Recordings?

I ran into it last night and... is it only me or is it a little disappointing?

What about Of Montreal's Hissing, Fauna are you the Destroyer? Girl Talk was huge at one point in the last decade. Modest Mouse, Good News for People Who Love Bad News anyone? Mr. M Ward released several records - including Post War. They gave a brief mention Fleet Foxes self titled album Fleet Foxes - but it did not place in the list. They're a young band, but worthy of the list in my opinion. Not a huge fan of the British band Arctic Monkeys, but they were everywhere in 2008. No Yeah Yeah Yeah It's Blitz? Long hail the Dirty Projector's Bitte Orca! Where is it? I've been hearing great things about them since for a couple years now. What about Phoenix? MGMT by all means?

Woah woah woah buddy. I can go on forever.

Most importantly though, no Grizzly ? Really now... Every "Album of the year" blog posts I've read has placed them at least in the top 10. We even saw them in the Volkswagen Super Bowl XLIV ad this year.

Some insight anyone?

1 comment:

  1. Ok no offense to anyone on that list but Bon Iver? Maybe its just that I don't know any better but what exactly has Bon Iver's musical importance entailed?

    ReplyDelete